The AISI is an initiative of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti) incubated and managed by the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The AISI, through the collective leadership of government and industry, aim to upgrade, propel and position the South African Aerospace-, Defence- and Space industry to be firmly integrated as part of global supply chains.
The AISI aims to achieve this vision through:
• Enhancing the global competitiveness of the South African industry
• Providing an institutional platform to facilitate partnerships and innovation between government, academia and industry
• Identifying, developing, supporting and promoting the interests and capabilities of the South African industry
• Accelerating the achievement of government strategic objectives including growth, employment and equity.
Major Qualifying Criteria for exhibition on the AISI pavilion is:
• SMME (Small, Medium and Micro-sized Enterprises)
• All entities should have traded for more than one financial year
• The application must be accompanied by a valid tax clearance certificate
• Proof of registration of the entity must accompany the application
• Entities might be subject to a site visit being conducted.
As part of achieving these goals, the AISI will provide a pavilion for exhibitors to attend and exhibit at AAD 2012. The AISI will provide services and cover the following expenses to enable exhibitors to exhibit at AAD 2012:
• Exhibition space as part of the AISI pavilion
• Two exhibitor passes, for two organisation representatives
• Daily snacks, beverages and lunch for two representatives per organisation
• Participation at an AISI cocktail function
• Organisation profile printed in the AISI Exhibitor Brochure 2012
• Flights for two SMME representatives not based in Gauteng
• Accommodation for two SMME representatives of exhibiting institutions not based in Gauteng
• Subsistence allowance for two SMME representatives not based in Gauteng
• Daily transport for two representatives per exhibiting SMME from the accommodation to the congress venue
• Freight forwarding of merchandise to be exhibited
Closing date for submissions: Wednesday 6 June 2012
Successful applicants will be informed by Friday 8 June 2012.
APPLICATION FORM ATTACHED www.aadexpo.co.za – AISI BUTTON