Recruiter: Africa Aerospace and Defence
Location: CenturionSalary: Negotiable
Job Type: 2 Years (Contract Renewable)
Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD), is a highly valued national asset that is the premier Aerospace and Defence exhibition globally and is seeking a Bookkeeper/ General Administration incumbent to start 02 September 2013
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Bookkeeper will be responsible to the AAD Executive Committee for efficiently, diligently and ethically fulfilling the AAD financial management and accounting functions as well as ensuring an optimal administrative system (within the RSA legal and AAD policy frameworks). The incumbent will be required to perform 'over and above' tasks in the running of the AAD office.
· Prepare and manage the budget, estimates and sales forecasts· Report monthly on income statements, balance sheet, debtors, petty cash and cash flow
· Review of actual income and expenditure against the approved budget
· Reconciliation, submission and payment of PAYE, UIF, SDL and VAT
· Update of Budget on Financial System as and when required
· Cash Flow Management & Investment of funds
· Check that contracts received are signed and accurate
· Create/ Update Debtors on Financial system (approx. 250 Debtors)
· Issue invoices in accordance with contracts received
· Manage debtors including debt collection services
· Liaison with banks treasury(WIP) for exchange rate on foreign debtors receivables and completion of required documentation
· Verify and certify invoices by ensuring that invoice received from supplier is in accordance with SARS legislation as well in accordance with supplier contract and liaison with SARS Audits
· Human resources responsibilities for AAD i.e. payroll, tax advice to employees, running of payroll monthly, Travel claims, Expense claims and payment of salaries including submission and payment of EMP 201 monthly and IRP 5 reconciliation accordance with SARS legislation
· Consultation with the AAD appointed auditors including preparation of audit file for auditors and liaison during the audit process
· Other services to be arranged by the bookkeeper on site at the exhibition include but are not limited to credit card facilities and mobile ATM’s
· The incumbent will be required to perform ‘over and above' tasks in the running of the AAD office.
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· BCom Degree or equivalent financial qualification· Minimum of 4 years relevant experience
· Proficiency in using the Pastel Partner accounting and Softline VIP Payroll essential system
· Sound understanding of Accounting principles and relevant legislation requirements
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft packages
· Good communication, problem solving, organising and interpersonal skills
· Result driven, quality orientated, reliable and team player
· Valid driver’s licence (car preferably)
In line with AAD’s commitment to the Employment Equity Act, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
Short listed candidates will be subjected to an appropriate reference check, verification of the applicant’s personal data and security clearance as part of the selection process.
PLEASE NOTE – ONLY SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED / PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS!
Your CV must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org not later 26 June 2013. Late applications will not be considered and correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only.